For some, the diagnosis of intervertebral disk herniation is a complete sentence. Instantly, the picture of surgical and operating instruments is drawn in the head. It is actually not that scary.
What is an intervertebral hernia and what are its causes
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Excessive physical activity can cause hernia. This is a dangerous condition that can restrict the nerve roots in the spinal cord.
People at risk of developing an intervertebral hernia are:
* Have poor genetics.
Work can lead to herniated vertebrae. Professional weightlifters, loaders, and truck drivers are often affected by this problem. A lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle may lead to atrophy of the back muscles.
People without bad habits, who play sports and lead a healthy lifestyle, rarely consult a neurologist with such problems.
Symptoms of lumbar hernia
Lumbar hernia is manifested by back pain of varying intensity and other symptoms.
1. Tingling sensations and tingling caused by numbness in the soft tissues of the outer surface of the thigh, big toe and shin.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Even when lifting small weights from the floor in the waist there are painful shots.
5. The patient feels general weakness and gets tired quickly. Sensitivity decreases in the groin area.
Symptoms of intervertebral hernia of the cervical region
In the beginning stages, hernia can occur in the cervical spine.
1. The patient feels severe pain even with a slight turn, so, as a rule, returns the whole torso.
2. The pain radiates from the wrist to the shoulder, where it is almost completely gone.
3. Trying to squeeze the brush leads to numbness of the fingers.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
The main symptoms may be accompanied by a hypertensive crisis.
You don’t have to see all signs at once. A visual inspection won’t give any information. X-rays, MRI and CT are used to diagnose the condition. A CT will clearly show a protrusion in between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Will treating intervertebral hernia without surgery relieve pain and numbness?
Only after a complete examination can the doctor say exactly whether it will be effective to treat an intervertebral hernia without surgery or whether it is more appropriate to use a radical method. Surgery is required in advanced cases to relieve pain and restore mobility.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. Along with drug therapy, the clinic’s specialists prescribe massage and physiotherapy to patients, and make individual complexes of therapeutic gymnastics. This means that each patient’s therapeutic program is unique and will guarantee positive dynamics.
For more info about mezhpozvonochnaya gryzha view this useful website