The diagnosis of an intervertebral disc herniation sounds like a sentence to some people. Instantly, the picture of surgical and operating instruments is drawn in the head. In fact, everything is not so scary.
What is an intervertebral hernia and what are its causes
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Hernia, provoked by excessive physical activity, is dangerous risk of restriction of the nerve roots of the spinal cord.
People at risk of developing an intervertebral hernia are:
* Have poor genetics.
Work can lead to herniated vertebrae. Professional weightlifters, loaders, and truck drivers are often affected by this problem. The cause of the pathology may be atrophy of the back muscles due to sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise.
People with healthy habits and who are active in sports rarely need to see a neurologist for such issues.
Lumbar hernia symptoms
Lumbar hernia can manifest as back pain with varying intensity or other symptoms.
1. Tingling sensations and tingling caused by numbness in the soft tissues of the outer surface of the thigh, big toe and shin.
2. The numbness is accompanied by numbness and sharp pains in the buttocks and lower back.
3. The mobility of vertebrae in the lower part is limited.
4. Even when lifting small weights from the floor in the waist there are painful shots.
5. The patient feels general weakness and gets tired quickly. Sensitivity decreases in the groin area.
Symptoms of intervertebral hernia of the cervical region
Hernia in the cervical spine manifests itself in the early stages.
1. The patient feels severe pain even with a slight turn, so, as a rule, returns the whole torso.
2. The pain radiates from the wrist to the shoulder, where it is almost completely gone.
3. Trying to squeeze the brush leads to numbness of the fingers.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
Hypertension may accompany the main symptoms.
You don’t have to see all signs at once. A visual inspection won’t give any information. X-rays, MRI and CT are used to diagnose the condition. A CT will clearly show a protrusion in between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Is it possible to treat intervertebral hernia with out surgery?
A complete exam is required before the doctor can determine if it is possible to treat intervertebral hernia with surgery or if it is better to go to surgery. In advanced cases, surgery is the only way to relieve pain, restore mobility and efficiency.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. Along with drug therapy, the clinic’s specialists prescribe massage and physiotherapy to patients, and make individual complexes of therapeutic gymnastics. This means that each patient’s therapeutic program is unique and will guarantee positive dynamics.
Check out about gryzha poyasnichnogo otdela go to see this net page: here